Growing Scallion From Sprouted Bulbs

Assalamualaikum. Yesterday my mom and I went for groceries shopping. When my mom wanted to buy shallots, I asked her to pick some with sprouts on. Nowadays, I will go crazy when I see sprouted bulbs (eg onion, shallot, garlic) I feel like buying all the bulbs with sprouts on. Thank goodness my mom stopped me from buying the bulbs. So yesterday I just chose two small sprouted bulbs. This morning I decide to sow the bulbs immediately as I don't want it to go bad. I read through a blog entry (http://mypottedgarden.blogspot.com/2011/09/how-i-plant-sprouted-onions.html) that teaches on how to grow scallions from sprouted bulbs and I try all the tips today. I peel off the outer skin of the bulbs and wash off the dirt. After that, I sow the bulbs in the same pot I planted my scallions before. Hopefully the space is just enough for the bulbs to grow beautifully.

Naked bulbs ready to meet the soil

The pot now has 4 shallot bulbs


Hopefully the scallions will grow faster and healthier and I can't wait to harvest them for my cooking!! So long and goodbye. 

p/s: Searching for rosemary seeds/cuttings like crazy!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's All About Life

Ke'Partee Over'An!!!!

Nostalgia Lama Kembali Berputar......